Open Top Sightseeing Tour in St. Maarten
The Open Top Sightseeing Tour in St. Maarten is a great way to visit the Dutch side of the island in just 3h30 minutes. Book Now!
Enjoy the view of riding on an open-top double decker bus. Drive from Philipsburg, the Dutch capital of St. Maarten, past the Great Salt Pond and through the countryside. Continue sightseeing across the hill to the other side of the island, where you will stop at a local Rum Distillery and hear some pirate stories and a free tasting of various flavors of rum. Back on board the Double Decker, you will pass through St. Maartens latest infrastructure addition, the Causeway Swing Bridge, where you can spot lovely sailboats or magnificent Mega Yachts on the lagoon, depending on the time of year. Arriving at Maho you may watch for airplanes overhead as they are landing. The journey will proceed across the south for views of Simpson Bay Lagoon. The next stop is at the Italian ice cream factory where you will enjoy a free ride on the vintage carousel. Your experience concludes with a tasting of official Old Amsterdam Gouda Cheese.
• Scenic Drive: Hop on an open-air double decker bus for a journey around Sint Martin, complete with magnificent views.
• Sightseeing Stops: Rum distillery, Maho Beach, Carousel Gelataria and Cafe, and an Amsterdam Cheese shop
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Beach shoes
• Light clothing
• Airplane landings or size at Maho Beach are not guaranteed.
• Each photo-stop is approximately 15-20 minutes.
• Guests are not permitted to stand on the upper deck while bus is riding.
• Multilingual Audio System is GPS Triggered, may be affected on route change.
• Free shopping time in Philipsburg at the end of the morning departure, only.
• Guests who remain in Philipsburg to shop must make arrangements for their own transportation or walk 10 min back to ship.
Where to go:
- Rotary Club Bus Stop
- Located on other side of the road from Dock Maarten marina
- Juancho Yrausquin Boulevard
- 5 minute walk from cruise ship terminal
- St. Maarten